Tips and Hints
Interesting and useful information. Click HERE.
For important safety information and links, click HERE.
For information on boating safety and useful links, click HERE.
Fishing in Rainbow Lake or Little Silver Lake? Click HERE for information.
For information regarding what to do and what not to do… Click HERE.
Are you bored and looking for something to do? Click HERE for fun ideas and information.
Being Good Neighbours
- Be Tick and Lyme Disease smart. What to wear, how to protect yourself & family,how to recognize ticks and what to do if you find one. See the Health Unit and put “ticks” in the search box. You can download the information and post it in your cottage.
- A citizens group concerned about Lyme Disease, started by two mothers has a most informative and supportive website. Those interested can read updates on research and subscribe to a newsletter. Www.lymehope.ca
- How to protect yourself when working to control Wild Parsnip: description of the plant cycle, suggestions for mowing and digging as well as disposal. Info Sheet from Lanark County. Volunteer Information
- Protecting trees that are vulnerable to beavers . Galvanized wire mesh ( size between 1x1inch to 2×4 inch) can be wrapped loosely around the trunks . For details and specific recommendations together with additional links for more information click Saving Trees
- Managing your water well in times of water shortage. Click HERE
- For useful opening and closing the cottage reminders and suggestions from the Electricity Safety Authority .See Safety& Security Overview Put closing cottage in search box
- Be prepared for a power outage checklist HydroOne.com/BePrepared